Sunday 16 October 2011

Meteor Showers

The following animation shows a faint meteor that I captured from Barcelona during the Draconid Meteor Outburst on October, 8th; 2011 at 20:49 UTC.

The Full Moon light and very high clouds disturbed seriously the observation of this meteor outburst. So, in one hour, I observed only 5 meteors and captured in video the one in the animation. As I was there 1 hour observing... it makes a rate of 1 moderately bright meteor each 10 minutes. Not optimal but at least in this event I observed more than one...

Reviewing my older meteor observation videos, I found this one captured during the 2004's Perseid meteor outburst. It shows a very bright meteor and its trail imaged from Majadahonda on August 12th, 2004 at 2:15 UTC.

Next meteor outburst are:
Orionids on October 21st with the Moon rising after midnight
Leonids on November 17th with the Moon rising around midnight
Geminids on December 13th with the Moon in justs past full